Virgin Bet Cheltenham Offers For New and Existing Customers
Signing up with Virgin Bet in time for the 2024 Cheltenham Festival will earn you £20 in free bets when you bet £10.
How to Claim the Virgin Bet Sign Up Offer
The Virgin Bet bet £10, get £20 sign up offer is perfect for punters planning to bet on the horses.
And it’s simple to claim – just follow these steps:
- Sign up to open a new Virgin Bet account.
- Deposit at least £10.
- Place a single bet of £10 or more at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5).
- Get two £10 free bet tokens when the qualifying bet is settled.
Virgin Bet Cheltenham Offers Terms and Conditions
Every betting offer is subject to terms and conditions, and this sign up offer is no different.
So you should always make sure you are aware of them to ensure you qualify for the free bets.
The full details can be found on the Virgin Bet promotions page, but here are the main points to watch out for:
You need to:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a resident of, and physically located in, Great Britain
- Place your qualifying bet of £10 within 14 days of registering as a Virgin Bet member
- Make sure your bet is one bet of £10+ – e.g. two £5 bets does not qualify you for the free bets
- Accept the free bet tokens within seven days of the qualifying bet being settled and you receiving a notification that you’ve been given the free bets.
Also, be aware that:
- If your qualifying bet is cancelled, voided or ‘cashed out’, you will not qualify for the free bets but you will be able to place another qualifying bet.
- The free bets must be used within seven days of acceptance or they will expire.
Virgin Bet’s Cheltenham Festival Odds
Even though they have only been around since 2019, Virgin Bet has quickly established itself as one of the leading bookies for UK bettors, with a range of attractive odds on a massive variety of sports and markets.
Once you sign up and become a member you’ll instantly have access to the betting odds on every top horse racing meet in the UK and abroad, as well as dozens of football leagues around the world, greyhounds, tennis and much more.
We’ve compared the Virgin Bet odds to those available at some of the most popular mainstream bookmakers like Bet365, Coral and William Hill, and in the most part we were impressed with Virgin’s competitive prices.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Not only can you find high value horse racing odds at Virgin Bet, they also offer Best Odds Guaranteed on any early bets placed on UK and Irish horse races after 9:00am any day of the week.
This protects you if the odds change in the hours leading up to the race. If your bet wins and the odds at the start of the race are higher than when you placed the bet then you will receive winnings according to the starting price.
Virgin Bet’s Cheltenham Festival betting market
There’s no doubt that the Cheltenham Festival is one of the most exciting racing events of the year, attracting both seasoned and more casual punters alike.
And in a competitive betting market, Virgin makes every effort to stand out from the crowd with the full range of bets and offers available.
Let’s go over the different bets you can make on the horse racing as well those all important Virgin Bet Cheltenham promotions.
What type of bet should you place? Here are the main options:
Your most basic racing bet is a single – when you bet a single amount on one specific horse to win the race.
In this case you’ll get the odds available – the more likely the horse is to win the race, the shorter the odds.
If your chosen horse wins the race and you bet with your own money, rather using a free bet token or another promotion, you will receive your bet stake plus any winnings after the result is confirmed.
When you bet each way you cover yourself in case your chosen horse doesn’t win but finishes in the top 3 or 4 places. You’ll receive less attractive odds but at least you’ll win some money even if the horse doesn’t perform as you hoped.
During the Cheltenham Festival bookies tend to pay out each way bets even if the horse finishes in 4th, 5th or even 6th or 7th place. Keep an eye on the Virgin Bet website to see the latest offers.
Virgin Bet Cheltenham Promotions
Cheltenham is one of the best times to find promos at the bookies and Virgin have a reputation for offering some of the most enticing.
These are the offers you can pick up right now, although we’re sure they’ll come out with a whole load of Cheltenham Specials in the days and weeks before the Festival begins.
Weekly Acca Offer
If you like the sound of accas then this is the offer for you.
All you need to do is place a pair of accas of at least £10 each anytime between Monday and Sunday and Virgin will instantly give a £10 free bet to use on another acca with at least four legs.
Note that this offer is only available once a week so you’ll only be able to use it once during the Cheltenham Festival – choose wisely!
Virgin Bet’s Money Back As A Free Bet If 2nd Or 3rd Offer
A popular feature on Virgin Bet is their money back offer, where you can get your money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in specific races each day.
This is a positive for Horse Racing fans who fancy having a bet on Cheltenham Festival, giving you the insurance of getting your money back as a free bet if your selected horses fails to win but does manage to finish 2nd or 3rd.
Virgin Bet Cheltenham Festival Bet types
No fewer than 28 races are held over the four days of the Cheltenham Festival so it’s never easy choosing what to bet on.
While you should definitely read over the race guides at sites like GG, here are a few things to look out for.
As well as being factors to look out for when placing a bet, you can also bet on the most successful jockey and trainer at the Festival.
Every trainer and jockey will hope that their horse can make an impact on the Festival, but if you’re looking to back a winner you should check out the horse’s recent form on the flats.
There are a number of significant meetings in the lead up to the Cheltenham Festival where horses are given a good run out in preparation for a specific big race – so keep an eye on the horses in the early weeks of the year.
A good jockey knows how to pace him or herself both in the lead up to and during the race. So it’s definitely worth watching the main jockeys in the meets in January and March to get an idea of their form.
The Cheltenham Festival is one of the most daunting stages in the sports, so you should also see how they have performed at the Festival in the past. A good record at Cheltenham often leads to more wins.
The third important factor when considering which horse to bet on is the trainer. Horses trained by the big names like Willie Mullins and Gordon Elliot very often have a good chance of winning.
Maximizing Your Winnings with Virginbet During The Cheltenham Festival
The Cheltenham Festival puts a staggering 14 Grade 1 races in front of punters in just four days in mid-March. In total, there are 28 races at the meeting. So for punters looking to get their share of Cheltenham Festival betting done at bookmaker VirginBet, here are some pointers to consider.
- Study The Form – You probably aren’t getting far in Cheltenham Festival betting without form. Information about the current horse, jockey, and trainer is essential. You can also go deeper with Distance, Course and Distance and Going records. Look in the VirginBet race cards for great insights from the Racing Post.
- Promotional Value – Promotional value for Cheltenham Festival betting can help maximise winnings. Punters can get VirginBet Cheltenham free bets back if their horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in select races, for example. Look for races with Extra Places, Best Odds Guaranteed to ensure the best SP payout and Non-Runner No Bet.
- Stay Focused – There are 28 races at the Cheltenham Festival that VirginBet has priced up. Do you need to bet on every one of them? Of course not. You may be better served by sticking to selected races to help you get a deeper analysis done.
- Manage The Money – Don’t go into the Cheltenham Festival without a plan for your money. Know your budget for the four days, then break that number down into stakes across your preferred races. You’ll know exactly what you are spending while pocketing winnings.
- Each Way Bets – Consider taking the place terms on a selection. An Each Way bet covers you if your horse either takes the win or is beaten into one of the Place spots designated for the race.
Cheltenham Offers From The Best Bookmakers
Apart from Virgin Bet, these are the bookmakers with the best Cheltenham Festival Offers;