Today's Goodwood Tips, Racecards And Results
Goodwood Tips and Today’s Races
We also have racecards available for every meeting each day, to show all the key information, including stall the horses are drawn in, their form, who their trainer is and what jockey is riding etc.
Goodwood Race Results
You can also check out all the latest results from previous meetings at Goodwood. Looking at previous results can prove informative - you might find a certain trainer/jockey combination has an impressive strike-rate at Goodwood this year!
One of the most popular tracks in the country, Goodwood hosts numerous top-class races during the summer. The summer fixture, known as Glorious Goodwood, features five days of top-class action including the Group 1 Sussex Stakes amongst a clutch of pattern races and top-quality handicaps. The track is undulating and favours horses that race close to the pace, particularly on the round course as the field are racing around a gradual bend for much of the contest. Goodwood is a right-handed course with two bends, with the second of the bends used in races over 1 mile 3 furlongs. The five-furlong course is one of the fastest in the country, so it pays to have a speedy horse!
Dining, Hospitality & Facilities
For a finer, premium experience there are plenty of hospitality options available. There are five hospitality packages available, with prices ranging from £274.50 per person up to £729.90 per person. The cheapest option is the Oak Tree Lawn Upper Deck, which is an exclusive bar and can accommodate up to 40 guests. The most expensive option is the Charlton Hunt, which provides fine dining and a table for the day. Other options include the Long View, the Secret Garden and the Final Furlong, all of which provide you with a table for the day and provide excellent views of the course.
If you’re part of a bigger group and are looking for a bit more privacy the racecourse also offers private boxes for hire. There are three different options to choose from (Sussex Box, March Box and The Lookout), with prices starting from £265 per person. Each box includes a food and drinks package as well as a private balcony.
There are three enclosures you can get tickets for at Newbury, which are:
- Lennox (cheapest option) is the most relaxed enclosure and is hugely popular with families. This enclosure allows you to bring you own picnic, as well as offering a playground for children, plus betting facilities and the chance to get up close to the racing.
- Gordon (mid-range option) offers a relaxed atmosphere, with access to the parade ring and a wide variety of food and drink options. During the Qatar Goodwood Festival, you can also make use of the Earl’s Lawn, which offers live music, street food vendors, plus a gin pavilion. If you purchase a ticket for the Gordon enclosure you will also be able to access the Lennox enclosure.
- Richmond (premier option) offers the best views of the racecourse from the March Grandstand, which is directly opposite the winning post and parade ring. With tickets for the Richmond enclosure, you are also able to access the Gordon and Lennox enclosure too.
The Effect of the Draw
High numbers are best on the round course, especially over 7f and 1m, when the ground is fast. But when it rides very soft, jockeys tend to come over to the stand rail. A high draw has been essential in the Stewards' Cup in past years, but often it also depends a lot on where the pace comes from.
Contact and Location
Goodwood Racecourse, Goodwood, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 0PS. United Kingdom.
Official Website: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/
- D H (2.6 miles away)
Tel: +44 1243 789578
- DH Private Hire (2.6 miles away)
Tel: +44 1243 789578
Places to Stay
- Goodwood Park Hotel (2 miles away)
Goodwood, Goodwood, Chichester PO18 0QB, UK
Tel: +44 1243 775537
Places to Eat
- Cassons Restaurant (3 miles away)
Arundel Road, Chichester PO18 0DU, UK
Tel: +44 1243 773294