Today's Newmarket Tips, Racecards And Results
Newmarket Tips and Today’s Races
Take a look at our free horse racing tips, which will feature our tips for Newmarket on each of their race days. You can also check out our top tips, which include our NAP (best bet) for the day’s racing, as well as our outsider of the day.
Our racecards are also a key thing to look at for Newmarket, as they will feature all the key information you need for their race day. Important factors such as the trainer, jockey, silks, horse form and what number stall they are drawn in all feature on our racecards.
Newmarket Race Results
If you’re looking for previous results at Newmarket, you’ve found them! Here, you can look at previous results from recent meetings at the racecourse. You might find a certain jockey has had an excellent recent record when riding at Newmarket.
Known as the headquarters of British racing, Newmarket's Rowley Mile course features a clutch of top quality events such as the 1000 and 2000 Guineas in early May and Champions Day in October. One of the fairest tracks in the world, racing at the Rowley Mile is divided into two seasons, spring and autumn, and only on rare occasions does the ground ride on the soft side. The Rowley Mile course features the longest straight in Britain, and has just one turn in longer distance races to negotiate. It is a wide track with an uphill finish, which is ideal for horses with big, long strides (except for in the Dip where they can get unbalanced).
Racing switches from the Rowley Mile to the popular July Course during the summer months. The highlight of the season is the Darley July Cup, Europe's leading six furlongs sprint, which takes place on the final day of the three-day July Meeting. The six evening meetings are amongst the most popular fixtures staged anywhere in the country. The July Course features a sharper bend to get onto the straight on races over a mile, using the Cesarewitch course for the initial start. The big difference between the Rowley Mile straight and the July Course straight is the latter course levels off, whereas the Rowley Mile is a stiff uphill finish.
Dining, Hospitality & Facilities
For a finer, premium experience there are plenty of hospitality options available. There are two restaurants - The Summer House Restaurant (located at the July Course) and the Champions Gallery (located at the Rowley Mile).
If you’re part of a bigger group or are looking to host friends and family then there is also the option of a private box to hire. There are three options to choose from:
- Classic - which comes with admission to the Premier Enclsoure and hospitality facilities, a tv in the box showing the live racing, a racecard for each guest, and a two course set menu.
- Premier - which comes with the same as Classic, but also includes tea and coffee. You also receive a three course set menu, rather than the two course set menu in Classic.
- VIP - This comes with the same as Premier, but also includes a champagne reception and a VIP complimentary bar. You also receive a four course set menu with this option.
There are various enclosures you can get tickets for at Haydock, including:
- Garden Enclosure (cheapest option) is the family friendly area, where racegoers are able to bring picnics, tables, chairs and blankets to enjoy the racing in their own comfort. There are also play areas for the children and betting facilities available for adults.
- Grandstand & Paddock (mid-range option) gives racegoers an improved view of the racecourse, as well as access to certain restaurants and more food outlets. You also have access to the Pre-Parade Ring and the Winners Enclosure.
- Premier Enclosure (top-range option) allows racegoers to stand by the Winning Post and gives excellent views of the final straight. You also have access to the Pre-Parade Ring and the Winners Enclosure. There is a smart dress code for this enclosure.
The Effect of the Draw
The Rowley Mile course is very wide and the volume of racing here means that Newmarket move the rails on a regular basis to even wear on the track. No consistent bias can therefore be relied upon from meeting to meeting. When betting on races like the 2000 Guineas it is often helpful to assess the previous races on the day to give an indication of whether the position of the rails is having an effect on the draw. You need to watch the earlier races on the same day. The course is slightly inclined towards the finish so horses which go off too fast in the five or six furlong races struggle to make the distance.
Contact and Location
Newmarket Racecourses, The Links, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 0TG. United Kingdom.
Official Website: http://www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk/
- Viv's Taxis (1.6 miles away)
Tel: +44 1638 662121
- Go Bats Taxis (1.7 miles away)
Tel: +44 1638 552552
- Crystal Cars (1.7 miles away)
Tel: +44 1638 602602
Places to Stay
- White Hart Hotel (1.7 miles away)
134 High Street, Newmarket CB8 8JP, UK
Tel: +44 1638 663051
- Kings (1.7 miles away)
Kingston Passage, Newmarket CB8 8UG, UK
Tel: +44 1638 660668
- Premier Inn (1.8 miles away)
Fred Archer Way, Newmarket CB8 7NY, UK
Tel: +44 1638 675083
Places to Eat
- Lime Take Away (1.3 miles away)
84 Valley Way, Newmarket CB8 0QL, UK
Tel: +44 1638 663341
- Khobkhun Thai Restaurant (1.6 miles away)
160 High Street, Newmarket CB8 9AQ, UK
Tel: +44 1638 660646
- The Pantry Newmarket (1.8 miles away)
Unit 17, The Guineas Shopping Centre, Newmarket CB8 8EQ, UK
Tel: +44 1638 661181