Today's York Tips, Racecards And Results
York Tips and Today’s Races
If you’re looking for information on York racecourse, make sure to check out our free through-the-card tips, as well as our top tips, which include our NAP of the day.
You can also view the racecards, to see which runners are lining up in each race that day. Our racecards show all the key information for every horse running, including which stall they are drawn in, their form, who their trainer is and what jockey is riding etc.
York Race Results
If you’re looking for previous results at York, you’ve come to the right place. Here, you can look at previous horse results from recent meetings at the racecourse. You might find a certain trainer has had an excellent recent record when sending their runners to York!
Known as 'The Knavesmire', racing has been staged over this turf since 1731 and is without question one of the most attractive racecourses in the world. The highlight of each season is the prestigious three-day Ebor Meeting in August which features three Group 1 races. The Dante Meeting in May, also over three days, is another immensely popular fixture featuring a mix of classic trials, pattern races for older horses and top-class handicaps.
York racecourse is a left-handed, flat course that is well-known for being a big, galloping track where horses can start racing from a long way out. The track was made into a circuit in 2005, whilst it also offers a straight 5f/6f track, whilst 7f races start on a chute.
Dining, Hospitality & Facilities
For a finer, premium experience there are plenty of hospitality options available. There are three restaurants - Voltigeur Restaurant, Ebor Restaurant and The Parade Ring Restaurant.
If you’re part of a bigger group or are looking to host friends and family then there is also the option of a private box to hire, in the Knavesmire Stand, Melrose Stand or the Ebor Stand. Each box comes with their own balcony, a tv in the box, plus reserved access to tote betting and restroom facilities.
There are various enclosures you can get tickets for at York, including:
- Clocktower Enclosure (cheapest option, on a grass bank with views of the stands and close to the finish).
- Grandstand & Paddock (mid-range option, the largest enclosure with access to the parade ring and trackside views).
- County Stand (The Premier enclosure, with exclusive access to the Moët Pavilion, Roof Terrace and Champagne Lawns. Can also access everywhere in the Grandstand & Paddock enclosures too. Dress code required for the County Stand).
- Premium areas include the Premier Racing Lounge and the Melrose Club Lounge.
The Effect of the Draw
Runners drawn very high and very low struggle in big-field sprints here, but the biggest draw bias lies over 1m2f85yds, where any runner drawn high in a big field faces a near-impossible task. Concentrate on the bottom seven stalls over 1m2f85yds in races with more than fourteen runners. Cross out the bottom four and top four stalls in sprints with eighteen runners or more.
Contact and Location
York Racecourse, Knavesmire Rd, York, North Yorkshire YO23 1EX. United Kingdom.
Official Website: http://www.yorkracecourse.co.uk/
- Victoria Travel (0.9 miles away)
Tel: +44 1759 306000
- Outback Travel (1.1 miles away)
Tel: +44 1904 620800
- Fleetways Taxis York (1.3 miles away)
Tel: +44 1904 645333
Places to Stay
- Middlethorpe Hall & Spa (0.3 miles away)
Bishopthorpe Road, York YO23 2QD, UK
Tel: +44 1904 641241
- York Marriott Hotel (0.5 miles away)
Tadcaster Road, York YO24 1QQ, UK
Tel: +44 1904 701000
- Holiday Inn Hotel York (0.6 miles away)
Tadcaster Road, York YO24 1QF, UK
Tel: +44 871 942 9085
Places to Eat
- Delrio's Restaurant (1.3 miles away)
10-12 Blossom Street, York YO24 1AE, UK
Tel: +44 1904 622695
- Akbars (1.5 miles away)
6-8 George Hudson Street, York YO1 6LP, UK
Tel: +44 1904 679888
- Rustique (1.5 miles away)
28 Castlegate, York YO1 9RP, UK
Tel: +44 1904 612744